Wednesday 4 November 2009

Public Test Realm 3.3

*Click Picture for bigger and better quality*


With all the possible changes and testing on the PTR- I really couldn't help but make this comic!

There are some big, big changes to come in 3.3, and a lot of maybes. Its a very unpredictable patch, and just as I were getting worried that Blizzard were starting to "copy and paste" textures, items and bosses too much- Icecrown Citadel is really starting to bring out some great boss models.

If you want to see such models and textures, mmo-champion is the place to go, But I won't be displaying them here because its come to my attention that a lot of people want to come across the bosses there and then. I however couldn't wait and must express how awesome and Icecrown like Lord Marrowgar looks-- and what a cool name, too! I think we're in for a huge patch- full of excitement and content-- but it seems like the Paladin class will be getting some nerfs.

"Lay on Hands is now affected by Forbearance and can now be cast on self again - Heals a friendly target for an amount equal to the Paladin's maximum health and restores 1950 of their mana. Once healed, the target cannot be targeted by Divine Shield, Divine Protection, Hand of Protection, or Lay on Hands again for 2 min." -Blue post

Thats not a massive nerf- but I think its quite significant, as Paladin are now losing a "oh shi-" button which a lot of classes have (That's one thing I love about Enhancement shaman, Spirit wolves are good for steady DPS but there taunt abilities and healing make for a great emergency button). Another big change is summoning stones outside of instances will soon be able to be used at any level above 15- meaning if you're level 15 you'll be able to summon your level 80 booster to your very location. Great!

but, of course, who will need summoning once we can fly in Azeroth! I think being able to fly in Azeroth will make it seem smaller, but its quality not quantity after all, right?

4 comments:

  1. I've never ever set my foot into a PTR and I never think I will either. The content patches are quite scarce so I don't want to use up all the content on beforehand and risk to get bored by the real stuff once it arrives.

    But it was cool to see the mob perspective on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, Larisa-- I prefer to get all excitied for when it goes live, but I did enter the PTR when achievements and the new talent trees were coming into play towards the end of TBC-- that was a huge change and I was itching to try it out.

    In Soviet Russia, boss tests you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only time I ever got on the PTR was when they were testing 3.0 before wrath, because there wasn't much going on in game at the time for my guild. I was really curious about the disc priest, and pally changes but I probably spent a total of 3 hours total on there but I guess it was enough to push me into making my priest a disc priest which is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mister K:
    Yeah- before wrath of the lich king was mad with updates I too went on the PTR for that, but this recent patch is huge too, the LFG system is going to be extremely awesome.

    ReplyDelete